Pages

Fusilli Omelette

Friday, February 25, 2011
Spice this omelettle well and you have a whole meal :)

First of all, I am an egg lover and the omelette's been one of my favourite meals of all time. It's actually my favourite breakfast since I was a child. The smell of the cooked eggs and fresh vegetables will always be fresh in my memory. There I go again exaggerating food hehe.

One night, for dinner, I wanted to cook up something quick and easy. I wasn't looking for something heavy either so I decided to go down the path of the omelette, but with a slight twist. How? By adding fusilli :)

In the end, it turned out great and more than I expected. Not only that it tasted really delicious but also looked pretty because of the twirling fusilli and the colourful vegetables. I guess cuisine is also a work of art. With food, you paint your meal with the colour of your ingredients.

So, my fellow food lovers, try this one out and enjoy your meal ^^

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs.
  • Half of a tomato.
  • Scallions.
  • Half of a green or red paprika.
  • Half a clove of minced garlic.
  • Half of a carrot sliced into small cubes.
  • Salt and black pepper to taste.

Step by step:

  1. Boil the fusilli according to the instructions on the packaging. Don't forget to stir occasionally. Once boiled, drain out the water.
  2. While boiling, slice all of the vegetables into small cubes. 
  3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add salt, black pepper and other spices according to your taste. 
  4. Put your vegetables and fusilli into the bowl and mix them up real gently with the beaten eggs so that you don't break the fusilli.
  5. Pour a little bit of cooking oil or olive oil into a hot skillet.
  6. Pour the mixed ingredients into the hot skillet.
  7. Set the flame to medium. We don't want to burn the bottom part of the egg but leaving the top part undercooked.
  8. Wait until all of the omelette is cooked.
  9. Serve on a round plate and enjoy. 
*You can also add cooked sliced chicken breasts or sausages when mixing the ingredients. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...